Never has the idea of mindfully checking in with ourselves and creating a “whole body” health—health that may be more than simply the absence of illness—been so appealing. On this guide to self-care, wellness and beauty educator Mary Beth Janssen reveals how introspection, ritual, and love can assist cure existential woes. She profiles quite a lot of activities and exercises, including:
- Karma Cleanse: Tips on how to cultivate/give lovingkindness, compassion, and forgiveness in yourself, after which pay it forward.
- Intention, meditation, and breathwork techniques: Exercises for calm and centered living.
- Emotional Housecleaning: Tips on how to maintain unprocessed emotions “stuck” within yourself.
- Setting Healthy Boundaries: Check-in exercises for relationships to help you reevaluate and build your beef up network.
- Tips for nourishing yourself, deep sleep, and beauty rituals to celebrate your body.